The Nepean Sea Road Citizens’ Forum (“NSRCF”, “the Forum” or “the Society”) was founded in 2001, with the objectives of:
- Developing a vibrant Citizens Group in the area as well as in the city of Mumbai to address the civic issues of society;
- Improving the civic amenities of the area, including cleanliness, garbage disposal, security, road and pavement surfacing, traffic control, etc.;
- Taking measures in protecting public spaces including parks gardens, maidans, footpaths & pavements, roads and carriageways, etc;
- Advocating good governance at all levels by working together and cooperate with and secure the cooperation of the Central & State Governments, Police, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation & other Civic Authorities, etc., for the rule of law, improving efficiency, transparency and accountability among all concerned;
- Promoting the federation and networking of citizens groups/associations for shaping and exchange of experiences and to develop skills in response management and social mobilization; and
- To do all such others acts deeds and things in the interest of the area concerned and for the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Forum.
“The Forum was registered as a Society in 2003 (Reg no. GBBSD 1472/2003 dated November 11, 2003).”